Direct School Admission
WHY a need for Direct School Admission (DSA)?
- DSA @ East Spring will allow a more diverse range of student achievements and talents to be admitted to the school.
- DSA @ East Spring will also provide students in the surrounding neighbourhood with more choices for their next phase of education in a secondary school.
- DSA @ East Spring considers factors other than academic achievements and talents; it gives due consideration to abilities and talents beyond PSLE.
WHAT is the relevance of Community Youth Leadership (CYL)?
- Personal leadership is an essential competency and trait that can guide students in the globalised world of the 21st century.
- Through our distinctive Community Youth Leadership programme, East Springians will develop leadership skills via a progressive and differentiated approach to lead, inspire, and remain centred on core values in the face of uncertainties, complexities and ambiguities.
- Community partnership is an important form of support for authentic learning beyond the school – East Springians have opportunities to work with people, businesses, and community based organisations as they develop to become Confident Persons and Active Contributors, which are 21st Century Competencies.
- Students who demonstrate leadership potential
- Students who demonstrate talent in Choir, Chinese Dance or Uniformed Groups
- Students who obtain a Conduct Grade of “Very Good” or better in Primary 5 (overall) and Primary 6 (mid-year)
- Students who hold leadership positions in the Primary school such as Class Monitor/Chairperson, School Prefect, Sports, Performing Arts and Uniformed Groups leader
- Students with good record of leadership experience in community / VIA projects that bring benefit to the community and society
- Students who possess positive aptitude, a persevering spirit, passion for outdoor learning, good communication skills, leadership potential, and the ability to work in teams
- Parents and students are encouraged to choose schools wisely based on the student’s aptitudes and strengths, bearing in mind the schools’ academic and non-academic requirements, and the programmes available to develop the area of talent.
WHEN can your child apply for Direct School Admission (DSA)?
HOW can Direct School Admission (DSA) benefit your child?
- Confirmed entry into the school[i]
- Bursaries[ii] will be given to students in their first year to cope with Secondary school life
- Customised leadership development under the CYL development programme
- Local and overseas trip development opportunities
- ESSS Work Attachment Opportunities with industries and community partners
[i] Students are guaranteed a place in the school based on the stream they qualify for.