Direct School Admission
Direct School Admission (DSA)
Introduced in 2004, the Direct School Admission (DSA) scheme provides students with the opportunity to seek admission to a secondary school, based on a diverse range of specific academic and non-academic achievements and talents that they can demonstrate beyond the Primary School Leaving Examination (PSLE). Primary 6 (P6) students who do not participate in the DSA-Sec will continue to seek admission based on their PSLE results through the Secondary 1 (S1) Posting.
DSA- Sec talent area offered at East Spring Secondary School
· Leadership (Girls and Boys)
DSA- Sec Criteria for our talent area
Students who would like to seek entry into East Spring Secondary School via DSA-Sec (Leadership) would have exemplary conduct and demonstrate passion to contribute in student leadership roles. The following is a typical student profile:
· Demonstrates passion and interest in contributing to school and community through student leadership roles in primary school, such as prefect or Uniformed Group student leader.
· A high level of confidence when conversing about social issues. Interested applicants would demonstrate a genuine interest in current affairs or national, community issues and are able to articulate their thoughts in a clear and organized manner.
· Has a good record of leadership experience in school or community / Values in Action projects that bring benefit to the school or community.
· Applicants must uphold high standards of behaviour and responsibility, for example, demonstrating very good attendance and conduct, as well as consistent effort in studies and Co-Curricular Activity (CCA).
We will continue to use e-mode for the selection process in the 2021 DSA-Sec exercise. Shortlisted DSA-Sec (Leadership) applicants will be informed to attend an online interview, at their respective primary schools.
Applications for DSA-Sec can be submitted through the DSA-Sec Portal at MOE website, from 5 May 2021 to 1 June 2021, 3 pm.
For more details, please refer to https://www.moe.gov.sg/secondary/dsa