School Rules and Regulations
Hand phone Policy in School
The school allows students to bring hand phones to school. However, they will not be allowed to use or display the hand phones during school hours and during school activities such as CCA, field trips and learning journeys.
The hand phone rules apply to all students who choose to bring their hand phones to school.
- All hand phones must be switched off.
- Students are not to display their hand phones while in school or during school activities outside of school.
- If students need to contact their parents while in school, they are to call within the designated area in the foyer after school hours.
- If students need to contact their parents during a school activity out of school, they must acquire the teacher’s permission.
It is also the responsibility of students to exercise proper care of their hand phones to prevent loss, damage and theft. The school may not investigate the theft of hand phones. Students should be responsible for their phones and should not
- leave their hand phones unattended.
- leave the hand phones in open view, for instance, in the toilet, classroom and canteen.
- bring expensive hand phones to school. This may create temptation for theft, and it is a costly lesson if the hand phone is lost or damaged.
- bring hand phones that cannot fit into the uniform skirt/pants pockets for the purpose of easy safe keeping.
If the students choose to bring their hand phones to school, then the responsibility is on the students to take care of their property. The school cannot suspend lessons to look for the missing hand phones. This will create unnecessary loss of valuable curriculum time.
School Uniform and Attire
- Students are to wear the prescribed school uniform and modification to the uniform is not allowed.
- All students are to wear all white school shoes and the East Spring School socks together with the prescribed school uniform.
- The East Spring School logo on the socks must be clearly seen. High cut school shoes are not allowed.
- Boys must wear long pants of appropriate length which will cover their school socks when they are walking.
- Skirts must be worn at knee length.
- Only the school PE T-shirt and shorts must be worn for PE lessons and games.
- Students coming back to school after school hours or during the school holidays for lessons must be properly attired in full school uniform.
School Policy on Smoking
Students caught smoking within and outside the school premises are liable to be caned in school. Those caught with lighters, cigarettes, tobacco etc are also subject to the same punishment. In the event that the student caught smoking is female, they would be suspended from school in lieu of caning. Students found in the company of smokers would also be punished despite the fact that they were not smoking.
Policy on Late-coming
All students are to be seated according to their classes by 7.30am. Students who report to school after the 7.30am school bell are considered late. Students who are late to school, are required to attend detention on the very day and report to school by 7.00am the next day.